Advantages Of Using Clear Aligners Instead Of Braces
1. Advantages of using clear aligners instead of races aesthetics : The aligners are practically invisible at more than 0.5 m. They are also not noticeable when speaking, this allows them to be used in social events, public work, etc. They are the best option after lingual braces (which are the only 100% aesthetic option)
2. Comfort: There are no discomforts that can appear in the use of braces such as wounds or sores on the lip, tongue, or cheeks. This is because they do not protrude from the tooth, but rather they fully conform to the teeth and have a smooth and polished surface.
There is no pain, but it is normal to feel the pressure of the
3. Ease of use in teeth with crowns, bridges, teeth with enamel problems such as amelogenesis imperfect.
4. Hygiene: the aligners are removed for brushing the teeth and cleaned separately, facilitating hygiene and maintenance. There are no decalcification problems in the enamel as could happen with conventional orthodontics and it improves periodontal health.
5. Removable: The patient can remove the device although he/she must always respect the indications of time of use of his orthodontist, in general, 22 hours a day. If for any reason you need to wear them for fewer hours a day, you must make up for it in the following days.
6. Visiting time. Cabinet time decreases because the appliance is simpler and it is not necessary to activate it as with brackets.
7. Preview of the results in a specialized program in which the patient can see how and how much each of his teeth will move.
8. Decrease in bruxism. By interposing a plastic between the teeth, the jaw is deprogrammed and bruxism is avoided, although this is not a definitive measure for this problem.
9. Whitening. The same splints (as long as they no longer have attachments) can be used to whiten teeth.
(Really) invisible orthodontics
Invisalign® orthodontics is just as fast and effective as orthodontic treatments with braces, but its main advantage is its extraordinary discretion. Invisalign® splints are completely transparent, becoming almost imperceptible in the patient’s mouth.
Thus, orthodontics with Invisalign® is practically invisible to others. You will keep all the charm of your smile while you make the necessary adjustments to make it perfect!
What is an Invisalign® treatment like?
In the first place, and once the problems to be solved have been detected, your orthodontist will draw up a computer-assisted treatment plan. It is a 100% personalized orthodontic study, which is capable of calculating with millimeter precision how your teeth will move throughout the treatment through a sequence of plastic splints.
As a result, you will see how to evolve your smile throughout the treatment and what the end result is before you even start it, and the orthodontist will manufacture your braces Invisalign depending on the forces accurate to execute the planned movements on your teeth.
The splints to be used in an Invisalign® treatment are manufactured altogether, and the patient only has to worry about attending periodic check-ups, according to the treatment schedule.
Do you travel often? Invisalign® orthodontics is designed for people who do not usually have time to go regularly to the dentist, so it will not be a problem if you cannot keep one of your appointments.
If you have ever worn braces, you will know the discomfort to remove the remains of food that were left in the appliance, not to mention the difficulty to speak normally, especially the first weeks of treatment.
Invisalign® splints are removable: if you maintain a minimum of discipline and wear them for most of the day, you can take them off to talk, laugh, eat …
Maximum comfort without pain
As if that were not enough, Invisalign® splints are made of a smooth and soft plastic: you will not suffer the chafing or small sores in the mouth that many patients who choose a treatment with braces suffer.
As it does not use metal parts of any kind, Invisalign® orthodontics is also much more careful with the patient’s teeth and is a less uncomfortable treatment than is usual with conventional appliances.
And the price? The cost differs depending on the duration of the treatment. The crowding Mild problems are solved between 4 and 7 months, while more serious problems require the patient to wear splints from 18 to 24. If you wear retainers and follow the advice of your orthodontist, the smile will last a lifetime.